[Twisted-Python] LivePage InputConduit only example

Donovan Preston dp at twistedmatrix.com
Thu May 22 12:37:39 EDT 2003

By popular demand, an example of using LivePage without the
OutputConduit, and all the problems inherit with it. With this
technique, you can build DHTML-style applications using pure,
server-side Python. The only drawback of this technique is that you
can't update the user's Browser without them having initiated an action
on the client side first. For many applications, the ability to
dynamically replace parts of the page in response to events on the
client browser (onclick, onchange, etc) will be enough.

I would really appreciate compatibility reports for various funky
browsers for this example. I have tested it and it works on:

IE Win
IE Mac
Mozilla Everywhere
Safari OS X