[Twisted-Python] Named pipes

Wari Wahab wari at wari.per.sg
Fri May 16 10:50:40 EDT 2003

Hi, is there a way to get twisted to listen to a named pipe like it's a
TCP connection or something? How would I go about it?

What I wanted goes like this, there's a named piped, and syslog or other
programs can send one line alerts (or multiline as well), and my app is
supposed to do something with this data while attending to other stuff
as well. We have a perl program that does this using select(), and I bet
this can be done with twisted. But I don't see a named pipe protocol in
twisted. I'm sure there's a way.

--
Regards: Wari Wahab
RoughingIT - http://roughingit.subtlehints.net