[Twisted-Python] twisted.web.woven.guard.SessionWrapper problems

Mario Ruggier mario at ruggier.org
Thu May 15 03:10:31 EDT 2003

On mercredi, mai 14, 2003, at 23:39 Europe/Amsterdam, Clark C. Evans
wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 09:26:45AM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> | /sessionized-url/foo
> | 	Set cookie
> | 	Redirect to /sessionized-url/sp__aef9c34aecc3d9148/foo
> | /sessionized-url/sp__aef9c34aecc3d9148/foo
> | 	Redirect to either of the next two URLs depending on whether I see a
> | 	cookie
> | /sessionized-url/sp/foo
> | 	URL to use with cookies
> | /sessionized-url/sp_aef9c34aecc3d9148/foo
> | 	URL to use without cookies
>
> Just to comment.  The pathargs module in the standbox will help with
> some of these things.   It uses a colon in the path item to signify
> key/value pairs.
>
>    /sessionized-url/session:aef9c34aecc3d9148/foo
>
> The pathargs is generic so that *other* parameters can go there,
> perhaps a client identifier, etc.
>

> /sessionized-url/client:29394/report:2939/session:aef9c34aecc3d9148/> foo
>
> The advantage of doing it this way, is that the person can copy/paste
> the URL and send it to his friend.  Since in the background you
> timeout session ids, and link it with a given ip address, you can
> present this person with a login-page, but yet keep the same
> client/report identifier.
>
> Anyway, pathargs is very useful for maintaining state information
> when you are using relative links without cookies.

hi Clark, just a couple of things:

- the pathargs still has the error pointed out some time ago about
isLeaf being a property and not a callable.
- just tried running it (with current Twisted CVS), and requesting
a 'dynamic' child gives:
exceptions.NameError: global name 'False' is not defined

cheers, mario