AW: [Twisted-Python] udp exception if connection reset by other peer

Matthias Urlichs smurf at
Thu May 15 00:44:56 EDT 2003

Hi, p@ wrote:

> I think they are only raised if you connect to a localhost or local-lan
> peer...

Nope. Some Unixes (Linux in particular) also raise them on the next
write() if an ICMP-Unreachable has arrived in the meantime.

> So I think swallow them silently is ok
If it's an E.*UNREACH error and you're sending the packet to a different
address than the previous one, you need to retry.

Matthias Urlichs  |  {M:U} IT Design @  |  smurf at
Disclaimer: The quote was selected randomly. Really. |
Nothing matters very much, and few things matter at all.