[Twisted-Python] Large Transfers

Gerhard Häring lists at ghaering.de
Sat May 10 15:58:23 EDT 2003

Uwe C. Schroeder wrote:
> [...] If I run a webserver inside a firewalled LAN

So you're running the webserver with a local IP address that isn't
accessible via the LAN.

> and block all ports on the firewall,

This is redundant if you don't offer the services to the outside,
anyway. Redundancy is generally a good thing, but the services should be
properly configured in the first place.

> [...] I'm btw not talking about packet-filters, often sold as firewall.

A firewall is a security concept, not a single piece of software. Packet
filters might be part of that security concept.

Your name sounds German, if you can read German, these resources are
valuable:

de.comp.security.firewall FAQ:
http://www.iks-jena.de/mitarb/lutz/usenet/Firewall.html

A nice summary about personal firewalls (in English):
http://www.fefe.de/pffaq/

"""
**Personal Firewall Security FAQ**
*Executive Summary*
Q: Do Personal Firewalls improve security?