[Twisted-Python] Large Transfers

Moshe Zadka m at moshez.org
Sat May 10 14:57:56 EDT 2003

On Sat, 10 May 2003, "Uwe C. Schroeder" <uwe at oss4u.com> wrote:

> but it would be more convenient and transparent for the programmer not to
> have take care of paging :-)

No, it wouldn't. Paging is a programmer-level thing, not a protocol-level
thing. For example, the programmer needs to realize that the memory
buffer might stay in memory for a long time.

> The busines logic behind it simply gets way to complicated if I have to
> separate calls into "small" and "large" ones.

Don't do that. *Always* use Pager. I merely noted there's no significant
penalty in the case where the buffers are small.

> Well, unlikely but not a bad asumption.

The only way to have real security is to expect the unexpected. Just
because you don't expect anyone to break down your door doesn't mean
you don't lock your valuables in a safe :)

> Since my application will run inside a trusted environment only

No such thing.
I point above to where I remarked that whenever I hear someone say
"trust" I translate it in my brain to "this is going to be a cracker's
paradise". Lack of trust is good. And for the record, firewalls do
not provide security, contrary to what people may think. They provide
many useful features, but security is not one of them.

--
Moshe Zadka -- http://moshez.org/
Buffy: I don't like you hanging out with someone that... short.