[Twisted-Python] Large Transfers

Uwe C. Schroeder uwe at oss4u.com
Sat May 10 11:20:37 EDT 2003

You're right, it doesn't. However it still requires several calls to transfer
the whole set. :-( And it has another problem. The pager makes it hard to
give the user some response while uploading/downloading. The UI gets stuck,
or at least appears to be since nothing is happening.
Basically I think pb should start paging whenever the argument list exceeds a
certain size. I have no idea if paging is really neccessary, but I could
think of some problems with blocking twisted while a non-paged transfer is in
progress. This certainly depends on how the underlying transport is
implemented. I'll do some tests with a modified twisted version and see if it
gets too slow if a bunch of large transfers are in progress.