[Twisted-Python] Woven (microdom?) problem

Mario Ruggier mario at ruggier.org
Fri May 9 13:09:26 EDT 2003

On vendredi, mai 9, 2003, at 18:19 Europe/Amsterdam, Eric Holm wrote:
>> I just took at look at microdom in CVS and it shouldn't
>> do that anymore.  I don't recall when that bug was fixed,
>> but try out CVS or 1.0.5rc2.
>>
> I tried 1.0.5rc2, and while it's not rewriting the </script>
> now, it's not working either, and I'm at a complete loss as
> to why.  IE gives a typical-but-useless "Line 1, Char 1,
> Object expected" error. If I view the source of the page
> that IE is choking on, save it untouched as "Minimal2.html",
> then IE displays "Minimal2.html" just fine.

Is he finding the js file?
Try specifying the server abs filepath to the js...

As for the <script> closing tag -- one trick that has worked
sometimes is to stick an empty comment <!-- --> as content, which
forces XML parsers to write out the closing tag and not the shorthand
for it. IE and other browsers I have tried it on seem to accept it fine,
i.e. they load the js file given by @src.

mario