[Twisted-Python] how to use --index= and doc vagueness

Mukhsein Johari arashi1 at pd.jaring.my
Thu May 8 22:00:50 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I'm trying to understand how the twisted web is supposed to work. I'm using
the web tap and have a public_html dir where I place all the html and .rpy
files.

The --help for web does not seem clear to me. How do I make t.w use an rpy to
be used instead of an index or index.html for when one goes to:

http://www.mysite.com

As it is, mozilla times out with some kind of strange redirection error if I
don't have index or index.html

Using the --resource-script=index.rpy (that's what I call the default .rpy
file) option and placing the index.rpy file in public_html does not work.
Twisted complains about not find the file even though it's in the very
directory that it normally finds html and rpy files.

pointing browser to

http://www.mysite.com/index.rpy works though.

Lastly, documentation vagueness.
In the Twisted 1.0.5rc2 docs - about Twisted web, the section about virtual
hosts. What does it mean by simply "drop vhost.rpy" ? Where exactly are you
supposed to drop that file?

Could we also have more of an explanation of the virtual host directive? I
mean, state:

eg. Lets say we want to host virtually the domains:

customerx.com
customerz.org

have a dirs called

/customerx
/customerz

On the real host myserver.com (all on one machine)

XXXXXX -> here we should state how to set up the virtual host (the addHost()
method) and where to put the public_html dirs.

Cheers,
Mukhsein