[Twisted-Python] telnet client code

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Thu May 8 12:23:18 EDT 2003

On 08 May 2003 10:10:58 +0200
Thomas Heller <theller at python.net> wrote:

> I have this snippet running in it's own thread, and would like
> to port it to twisted, my program is using it anyway.
> Any hints how to get started?

I'm not sure if telnet is symmetric - if it isn't, looks like we don't
have telnet client code. Even if it is, the current code needs work in
order to be usable for what you want (it's one of the more ancient parts
of Twisted.)

So, it seems writing a telnet client protocol (with similar methods to
telnetlib that return Deferreds instead of blocking?) is in order, or at
least a refacor of the current telnet code.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
http://www.zoteca.com -- Python & Twisted consulting