[Twisted-Python] stikiwiki promising, but...

Scott Chapman scott_list at mischko.com
Tue May 6 10:49:59 EDT 2003

On Monday 05 May 2003 22:38, Donovan Preston wrote:
> On Monday, May 5, 2003, at 10:26 PM, Richard Jones wrote:
> > I randomly found stikiwiki (in short: ReST/Twisted/WikiWiki) on the
> > web, and thought it'd be extremely useful. Gave it a go, and had to
> > immediately patch up some docutils usage quirks (docutils' API is a
> > bit of a moving target ;). The results of my work are attached to this
> > email. Can't find an email address for the author though, so that's as
> > far as that patch goes :)
> >
> > Problem is that I now run into some problem deep in the Twisted code.
> > The traceback is also attached. This is using the latest rc. If I
> > should try the CVS, just let me know. Otherwise, is there something
> > else that I could do?
> The problem is getData() was deprecated in favor of getData(request).
> Most of the places where getData is called by the internal workings of
> woven used some introspection to discover whether the particular
> getData took the request or not, and gave a warning if not, but it
> looks like I missed this call in Widgets. If you change the "def
> getData(self)" in stikiwiki to "def getData(self, request)" this will
> go away.
> Woven's API has been somewhat of a moving target, although it is
> stabilizing now. There is much more Woven documentation included in
> 1.0.5rc2, check it out.
> Donovan

I installed StikiWiki and applied the diffs from Richard Jones.  Then I
installed docutils, bsddb3, and Twisted 1.0.5rc2.  I also changed the getData
as above.  Now when I run it and try to load the wiki I get a traceback

What am I missing here?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/twisted/protocols/basic.py", line
173, in dataReceived
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/twisted/protocols/http.py", line 900,
in lineReceived
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/twisted/protocols/http.py", line 932,
in allContentReceived
    req.requestReceived(command, path, version)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/twisted/protocols/http.py", line 504,
in requestReceived
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/twisted/web/server.py", line 156, in
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/twisted/web/server.py", line 162, in
    body = resrc.render(self)
  File "stikiwiki.py", line 295, in render
exceptions.AttributeError: Publisher instance has no attribute 'get_settings'