[Twisted-Python] stikiwiki promising, but...

Donovan Preston dp at twistedmatrix.com
Tue May 6 01:38:14 EDT 2003

On Monday, May 5, 2003, at 10:26 PM, Richard Jones wrote:

> I randomly found stikiwiki (in short: ReST/Twisted/WikiWiki) on the
> web, and thought it'd be extremely useful. Gave it a go, and had to
> immediately patch up some docutils usage quirks (docutils' API is a
> bit of a moving target ;). The results of my work are attached to this
> email. Can't find an email address for the author though, so that's as
> far as that patch goes :)
>
> Problem is that I now run into some problem deep in the Twisted code.
> The traceback is also attached. This is using the latest rc. If I
> should try the CVS, just let me know. Otherwise, is there something
> else that I could do?

The problem is getData() was deprecated in favor of getData(request).
Most of the places where getData is called by the internal workings of
woven used some introspection to discover whether the particular
getData took the request or not, and gave a warning if not, but it
looks like I missed this call in Widgets. If you change the "def
getData(self)" in stikiwiki to "def getData(self, request)" this will
go away.

Woven's API has been somewhat of a moving target, although it is
stabilizing now. There is much more Woven documentation included in
1.0.5rc2, check it out.

Donovan