[Twisted-Python] (no subject)

Uwe C. Schroeder uwe at oss4u.com
Mon May 5 20:59:19 EDT 2003

On Monday 05 May 2003 07:26 am, mmoellenbeck at plus.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to twisted and have some questions:
>
> - Can I use a pb.Copyable as pb.RemoteReference?
>
> I have designed an wx-application and want request the wxframe from the
> server by the client.
> Events from the client should call methods of the server.

I don't think that's going to work. A wxFrame is basically a stub class to an
underlying c++ extension. There are already some issues with subclassing
wxPython classes, not to speak of redistributing them over the network.

What my applications do is to fetch a xrc file (wx xml ressource) from the
server and instanciate the gui locally on the client. That works quite fine
and btw decouples the gui from the business logic, which is normally what you
want in a multi tier application.

	UC

--
Open Source Solutions 4U, LLC	2570 Fleetwood Drive
Phone:  +1 650 872 2425		San Bruno, CA 94066