[Twisted-Python] Newbie question, using Twisted with cygwin

David P. Janes dpjanes at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 26 16:48:41 EST 2003

So, I've installed Twisted using the Windows installer, using a plain
vanilla Python 2.2 installation. I'm in cygwin, so I set up appropriate
aliases:

alias mktap='python c:/python22/lib/site-packages/twisted/scripts/mktap.py'
alias twistd='python
c:/python22/lib/site-packages/twisted/scripts/twistd.py'

No errors occur during the installation.

I run "mktap", specifying a port and a log file, and I get a "web.tap" file.
Then I run
twistd -f web.tap

And I get .... nothing. No log file, no errors, no process running.

Very very strange...