[Twisted-Python] Lore bug

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Thu Mar 20 05:19:39 EST 2003

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 12:23:54PM -0500, Jp Calderone wrote:
>   This isn't the bug I meant to report, but I found it in the process of
> trying to make an example of that one.  So:

> <pre class="python">
> def foo():
>     print 'bar'
> foo()
> </pre>
>
>   Running lore on this file (using the PyCon template), raises this
> exception:

[snip]

As discussed on IRC, this is actually a feature ;)

Using lint (lore -o lint) will warn that the document is malformed (in this
case, missing a title tag), so Lore makes no guarantee to be able to do
anything with it... I'm not interested in encouraging HTML-style "let's
parse any old crud that looks vaguely recognisable".

That said, giving a traceback is pretty rude.  I'll patch it to give a
friendly message suggesting you run lint to find out why Lore can't process
your document, and probably provide a --debug, in case people still want to
be able to see tracebacks (like me :).

-Andrew.