[Twisted-Python] greetings!

Robert W. Dumond robert at dumond.org
Thu Mar 13 07:13:39 MST 2003

hallo, everyone!  i just thought i would introduce myself, because i
think i am going to be posting a lot of questions on this list.  i keep
on reading how easy it is to program with your product, but my
experience with python is very limited, and ,honestly, i really don't
have that much time for it because of work.  i still put in plenty of
time with it, though.  i love the language.  it beats the hell out of
java, which i have to use everyday for work.  it really feels like i am
playing instead of programming.  =-)

i also wanted to discuss with you my plans with my new found language.
i am currently working for a startup.  i am designing their first
project, and i am the sole programmer.  when our company starts hiring,
i will be in charge of development, tech support, and q.a..  what i want
is a centralized system to support all three of these departments.  i
want a cvs, project management, bug tracking, bug assignment, tech
suport logging, customer support log, registration server, update
server, and document server (for emailing customers .pdf copies of the
manuals).  i understand that this is a monumental task.  *shrug*  one of
the things that i hated about my old job (besides management ;-) was
that i had to use 5 programs to do everything i had to do.  it was a
pain in the ass.  i don't want my crew to have to go through that stupid
little hell.

(side track - oh, and yeah, i do know about zope.  i worked with it
some, but i decided i would rather work with your product so i could
work with pure python.)

right now, i am tightening up my python skills by going through some
books.  so i thought i would send out this email, get some ideas on how
to start (or maybe to stop =-P), and then start the design phase, and,
who knows, maybe even write some test.  (i really just discovered unit
testing.  i was out of the programming loop for about a year until six
months ago.)

so, tell me, am i shooting too high?  is this feasible?  any thoughts
you have would be greatly appreciated and thanked!

guhby,
rwd