[Twisted-Python] Re: Twisted and wxPython on windows

Ivo van der Wijk ivo at amaze.nl
Thu Mar 13 05:08:00 EST 2003

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 08:59:46AM +0100, Philippe Lafoucrière wrote:
> In documentation :
> "WxPython
>
> As with Tkinter, the support for integrating Twisted with a WxPython
> application uses specialized support code rather than a simple reactor.
>
> from wxPython.wx import *
> from twisted.internet import wxsupport, reactor
>
> myWxAppInstance = MyWxApp(0)
> wxsupport.install(myWxAppInstance)
> reactor.run()"
>
> And I have seen a wxsupport(app) in the API documentation, but can't find it
> again.

This is not the issue. The problem is the reactor that seems 'sluggish'
under windows, making the app freeze quite often.

It seems that win2k does alot better, so perhaps that should be the target
platform.

I'll give the guieventreactor a try tough.

Cheers

	Ivo

--
Drs. I.R. van der Wijk                                      -=-
Brouwersgracht 132                             Amaze Internet Services V.O.F.