[Twisted-Python] Pending PendingDeprecationWarning

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Thu Mar 6 18:24:50 EST 2003

  As some may already know, Python 2.3 will see apply() change to a function
implemented in Python and deprecated through the use of the
PendingDeprecationWarning.  While it will still be around for some time, as
of 2.3 it will a stiff runtime penalty.

  I'd like to suggest that everyone use the new syntax when writing new code
for Twisted, and if you happen to be making changes to existing code that
uses apply(), to update these usages to the new syntax as well.

  I considered doing a monolothic patch to fix all current usages, but I
think at least some of you will agree that an incremental approach is a
better idea.

  Jp