[Twisted-Python] gtk2reactor still broken?

Abe Fettig abe at fettig.net
Thu Mar 6 15:13:38 EST 2003

Hi folks,

I just apt-get upgraded my python2.2-twisted (to verion
1.0.3+1.0.4alpha1) and python2.2-gtk2 (to version 1.99.15), and now the
Twisted/GTK2 app I've been working on can no longer connectTCP - it gets
a Timeout error every time.  Last month there was some discussion about
a problem with th gtk2reactor and the latest pygtk builds, but
supposedly the problem was fixed (see http://www.twistedmatrix.com/
pipermail/twisted-python/2003-February/002762.html).

It seems to me that the problem isn't fixed.  As a test I did

import gtk2reactor
gtk2reactor.install()

at the beginning of another twisted script, and it seemed to create the
same problem.

Is there anybody who is having success with gtk2reactor and the latest
pygtk?

--
Abe Fettig <abe at fettig.net>