[Twisted-Python] patch implementing "fetchmany" from enterprise.adbapi

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Tue Mar 4 12:43:59 EST 2003

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 07:32:28 +0000
"Clark C. Evans" <cce at clarkevans.com> wrote:

> Please find following a patch to add the ability for fetchmany()
> to be used from within the enterprise adbapi.py interface.  This
> uses the patches previously posted (and included following) which
> enable an iterator to be deferred via a thread.

This sounds like a good idea, and the iterator deferred thing does as
well. But, as is the fetchmany() support will only work in 2.2, I think?
This is a problem, we can't have core functionality run only in 2.2.

Adding the deferred/iterator thing is not an issue (assuming the codee
is good, no chance to look at it yet), since that adds additional
functionality for 2.2 users. The problem is adding generally useful code
that doesn't run in 2.1.