[Twisted-Python] ANN: Twisted 1.0.6 (includes security fixes)
itamar at itamarst.org
Sat Jun 28 23:58:14 EDT 2003
IMPORTANT: This release includes security updates to twisted.web.
It is strongly recommended that you upgrade to this version of
Twisted is an event-driven networking framework for server and client
For more information, visit http://www.twistedmatrix.com, join the list
visit us on #twisted at irc.freenode.net.
What's New in 1.0.6
- Security fixes for twisted.web.
- Cred, Twisted's unified authentication and authorization framework,
was rewritten. While still not stable, the new system is far superior
and developers are encouraged to start using it.
- Flow, an utility page for integrating asynchronous control flow with
generators and iterators.
- Many improvements to the UDP subsystem.
- Many Windows-specific networking bug fixes.
- Cleanups in Woven - outputted HTML no longer includes attributes used
by templating, removed fake-acquisition for templates.
- Support switching over to TLS from TCP connections (useful for e.g.
STARTTLS in SMTP.)
- Improvements to the mail protocols and infrastructure.
- Fixed 2.2.0 compatibility.
- Index support for Lore.
- Bug fixes, documentation updates and small feature improvements.
More information about the Twisted-Python