[Twisted-Python] flow testThreaded thingy

Wari Wahab wari at home.wari.org
Fri Jun 27 07:21:27 EDT 2003

Matthias Urlichs wrote:

>> I tried doing strace on the process and just got this:
>>

>This seems to be exactly the sort of almost-intractable timing-dependent
>problem which gives threading in general a well-deserved reputation for
>bugginess.  :-/
>
>I'll have a chance to dig around in flow+threading over the weekend.

Oh btw, before you do more digging, I've tested the testThreaded thing
again on a single CPU machine, and the result is pass everytime. I think
this is more of a dual CPU issue, where out of ten times I runned
twisted.test.test_flow, only one time it passes, and the rest of the
test hangs on testThreaded.

Also, the test passes everytime if I do 'trial -v
twisted.test.test_flow.FlowTest.testThreaded' on the dual CPU. So I
think that the other tests can affect the successful running of
testThreaded.