[Twisted-Python] Metakit and Twisted ??

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue Jun 24 14:10:59 EDT 2003

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:11:04 +0200
"Thomas Weholt \( PRIVAT \)" <2002 at weholt.org> wrote:

> Has anybody tried to use Metakit with Twisted? Is there anyway to
> avoid blocking using Metakit, using Deferred etc. ??

I know Glyph was using it at some point, and the assumption was it's
fast enough that you don't need to do anything special.

IMPORTANT: Deferreds do not make code magically not-block! They make
working with non-blocking code easier, but to make blocking code not
block you need to either split it up (e.g. long calculations), switch to
non-blocking API, or use threads.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
http://www.zoteca.com -- Python & Twisted consulting