[Twisted-Python] Flow: better synchronous exceptions [patch]

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Tue Jun 24 01:41:50 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 05:42:39AM +0000, Clark C. Evans wrote:
>   7.  Most importantly (for me), due to the redundancy of flow/flow.py
>       I'd like to ask glyph if a limited form of __init__.py import
>       could be used in the case of a module/module.py mechansim so
>       that the public objects in module.py could be imported into the
>       module itself.    ie, in flow/__init__.py having:
>          "from flow import wrap, Cooperate"

I think I mentioned this on IRC, but: aarragghgah no!

That path leads to Zope 2.  It's painful.  I'd far prefer to have to type:
    from twisted.flow import flow
    # or
    from twisted.flow.flow import wrap, Cooperate

in my code than deal with magical __init__.py in packages.

I recognise the desire to make using the package more convenient, but I
think the trade-off isn't worth it.  The rest of Twisted manages very nicely
without this, and it would be nice if we could keep it like that.  No
exceptions, please.