[Twisted-Python] typos

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Wed Jun 11 21:21:08 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 06:04:24PM -0600, Andrew Dalke wrote:
> Andrew Bennetts:
> >Hooray for BuildBot!
> >
> >The latest build of the CVS docs can now be found at:
> >
> >    http://twistedmatrix.com/users/warner/doc-latest/
>
> Now if it's made available from the front page or some other
> place people can more easily find it ...
>
> And if the various problems (from webchecker.py) were fixed....

At a glance, there are two main problems:

  - We don't build the API docs on every checkin, because that takes far too
    long.  Probably we should use
      --config baseurl=http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/TwistedDocs/current/api/%s.html
    in the BuildBot to fix this.
  - The doc/examples and doc/historic directories aren't being built,
    either.

> Error ('http error', 404, 'Not Found')
>  HREF
> http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/TwistedDocs/TwistedDocs-1.0.3/howto/
> doc-standard
>   from
> http://twistedmatrix.com/users/warner/doc-latest/historic/2003/pycon/
> lore/lore.html
[...]
>    (Huh - those have a "1.0.3" when the others don't have a version
>     number in the URL.)

The PyCon Lore paper has a link to the 1.0.3 docs, because it's a
"historical" document.  1.0.3 was the version of Twisted that paper was
written for... I'm surprised those URLs don't work anymore :(

> Error ('http error', 404, 'Not Found')
>  HREF  http://twistedmatrix.com/users/moshez/debian
>   from
> http://twistedmatrix.com/users/warner/doc-latest/howto/basics.xhtml

Fixed :)

> Error ('http error', 404, 'Not Found')
>  HREF
> http://twistedmatrix.com/users/warner/doc-latest/howto/listings/lore/
> 1st_example.xhtml
>   from
> http://twistedmatrix.com/users/warner/doc-latest/howto/extend-
> lore.xhtml (listings/lore/1st_example.xhtml)

Hmm, that looks like perhaps doc/howto/listings isn't being built either.

> Error ('http error', 404, 'Not Found')
>  HREF  http://purl.net/net/CVSToys/
>   from
> http://twistedmatrix.com/users/warner/doc-latest/howto/pclients.xhtml

Fixed :)

> I'm hard to please, eh? ;)

So long as your bug reports are comprehensive, I don't mind... :)

-Andrew.