[Twisted-Python] typos

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Tue Jun 10 01:56:44 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 11:43:05PM -0600, Andrew Dalke wrote:
> Others said the doc build takes an hour.  I would rather not learn how to
> do that myself, if for no other reason then that after I do a CVS update I
> don't want to wait an hour to read the new docs.

The API doc build takes an hour; that's the heavily cross-linked docs
autogenerated from our docstrings that you can browse at

If you're using CVS, you may as well just read the code directly rather than
use the API docs.

The "Howto" documents can be built quite quickly using admin/process-docs,
but this script does assume you have a latex and things installed for the PS
and PDF generation.

To just build the HTML docs from Lore source (which is generally fairly
readable in a web browser anyway), do:

    lore --config template=doc/howto/template.tpl \
         --config baseurl=http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/TwistedDocs/current/api/public/%s.html \
         -l ../howto/ doc/howto/*.html

(You can omit the baseurl part if you don't mind the links to the API docs
being broken.)

Building just the HTML docs should only take about a minute.