[Twisted-Python] Concern over "relentless hyping" (was Twisted - howto transport megabytes?)

Clark C. Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Sun Jun 8 15:41:17 EDT 2003

Peter,

  I do not want to generalize.  However, I agree with the anonymous
  person involved.  In particular, your follow up post to Moshe's
  post didn't really add anything 'technical' to the discussion.
  For your litmus test, I'd use this as the guideline: if it isn't
  responding to a technical issue (as Moshe did) and its not an
  announcement then it probably does not help.   Anyway, hype is
  best spread privately... beacuse then it carries credibility.
  Also, it's best to hype if you are only indirectly involved, for
  example, I can't hype YAML publicly.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Clark