[Twisted-Python] (Summary) The problem with Twisted...

Jonathan M. Lange jml at mumak.net
Thu Jun 5 11:23:53 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 12:36:41PM +1000, Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 10:15:01PM -0400, Peter Hansen wrote:
> > jml at ids.org.au wrote:
> > >
> > > 3. Coil.
> >
> > I have only one thing to say in this area, which is please don't anyone
> > think about developing this just because you think you need to in order to
> > help convince someone to use Twisted.
>
> I've seen the old coil, and heard discussion on what the new coil will do,
> and I'm sufficiently excited to believe it's *very* worthwhile...

Yes. Coil (if it lives up to it's promises) is something that I would almost
certainly use a great deal.

I find TAPs and command-line twistd launchings to be somewhat ... confusing. At
least, inasmuch as I feel the need to remember where everything is at, and what
I've done, etc.

Coil promises to be an admin server that can be used to bring up your services,
configure them, add them, restart them, shut them down and all of that. Just
being able to *see* everything at once

So, yes, I agree with everything spiv said.

jml