[Twisted-Python] modal wxPython, Twisted, xml-rpc; example code

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Wed Jun 4 04:27:23 EDT 2003

 > Just a hunch here - are you calling doSelect from within doSelect?
Your stack trace
 > implies you're not, but I'm wondering if that's the full stack.

I sent the full stack that I saw.  I don't call doSelect myself.
The code I'm using is at
with the addition of the test case

             elif i == 9:
                 proxy = Proxy("http://beatty.userland.com:9876/")

The other test cases don't exhibit this failure case, which means it's
something specific to this call.  In addition, the failure occurs under
MS Windows but not under Linux, and it contains an unexpected error

I pointed out in another email where that error message is generated.  I
think there's something subtle in the state transitions for MS Windows
related to connecting to port which isn't accepting connections.

					dalke at dalkescientific.com