[Twisted-Python] Re: Debugging client programs

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Wed Jul 30 21:23:14 EDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:58:43 -0500
John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org> wrote:

> Yup, I'm familiar with pdb and have already used it on my Twisted
> code.  One of the problems that I have to figure out is "why was this
> callback called and why is it getting crap passed in?"  There's no
> stack to show me that answer, and I had hoped that the twistd debug
> additions might be of some assistance there.

Hmmm. I don't think we store that information currently, though we could
for Feferreds. Anyway, there's a command in t.p.failure in CVS that
turns on extra debugging (the post-mortem thing). Call that and you will
have same functionaly twistd has in debug mode.

Given your requirements you probably don't want to be using twistd at
all.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
http://www.zoteca.com -- Python & Twisted consulting