[Twisted-Python] Re: [Zope3-dev] twisted zope

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Jul 29 00:16:22 EDT 2003

On Monday, July 28, 2003, at 01:20 PM, Gary Poster wrote:

> Oh yeah, forgot about that.  I've seen several discussions of the
> licensing on the Twisted list... Maybe Phil Eby's implementation is
> the only way out of that one.

The whole point of those discussions has generally been that the
current structure is important to make relicensing a possibility :-).

While twisted as a whole is being very actively (one might even say
"agressively") developed, some portions of the framework, like the core
reactor, seem to be extremely stable at this point.

(Please, chime in if you disagree.)

I have been considering approaching the Python team to ask about
relicensing / including portions of twisted.internet in core Python at
some point, since it seems to have eclipsed asyncore in terms of
popularity, but I am sure that such discussions would be fraught with
subtle corner cases and versioning issues, and I am very, very short on
time at the moment.  However, if another member of the Twisted team
would like to take up this discussion, either about core Python or
about Zope 3, I'd be more than willing to appoint a proxy.