[Twisted-Python] quick factory question

Greg Fortune lists at gregfortune.com
Tue Jul 22 12:32:21 EDT 2003

Factories produce instances of protocols, correct?  And if I've created a
single instance of a factory, I shouldn't have to worry about the app
spawning more factories for any reason, correct?  I ask because I am holding
some global mutex info in my factory that changes the behavior of the
protocol instances and if multiple factories were running at any given time,
I could have some huge concurency problems...

On a related note, I've noticed that twisted uses naming similar to that of
the Designs pattern books.  Anyone know of a good online resource for the
design patterns covered by "the gang of four" (ie, the ones twisted appears
to be using...)?

Thanks,

Greg