[Twisted-Python] How Twisted is This?

Brad Bollenbach brad at bbnet.ca
Wed Jul 16 11:57:58 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 05:47:05PM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi, Brad Bollenbach wrote:
>
> > I write a "monicron". monicron wakes up every five minutes and asks the
> > system "are there any monitors that need to be performed right now?" The
> > answer will either be "Yes, here's the monitors that need to be
> > performed right now" or "No".
>
> Why don't you write a function that finds the earliest monitor job which
> needs to run next, and delay for exactly that amount?

Because it's known that monitors can be run at either 5 or 15 minute
intervals. To wake up every five minutes is the simplest.

In any case, this is just an implementation detail, outside the point of
whether or not Twisted is what I'm looking for to minimize the amount of
time and effort needed to getting a running, sellable system.

--
Brad Bollenbach