[Twisted-Python] Random Thinking

Omar Kilani ok at mailcall.com.au
Wed Jul 16 05:23:12 EDT 2003

Hello World,

I'm planning a distributed network management system. I know I'll be
using Python, and PyGTK2 as the frontend (=client) to the system.

What I'd like to do is use the Perspective Broker in Twisted (as well as
all the other wonderful modules provided!) to implement the client <->
server and server <-> server systems (the servers can talk among each
other to reach quorum, etc.)

I had a few questions:

The Perspective Broker documentation states that it's "secure".
How is it secure? Does it run over SSL? Can it?

Am I able to reject connections with untrusted SSL certificates?

Am I able to trust certificates programmatically? I want give the client
a list of servers that are untrusted, and when the user clicks 'Trust',
the connection is then permitted.

Is it possible to multicast from server --> n*client?

Can I call methods on the client from the server? (so that the server
can push information to the client asynchronously.)

How's the stability of the GTK2 compatible Perspective Broker code in
Twisted?

Has anyone ever attempted to integrate Spread (www.spread.org) with
Twisted and use it as the transport?

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,
Omar Kilani