[Twisted-Python] Is it just me ....

Neil Blakey-Milner nbm at mithrandr.moria.org
Thu Jul 10 04:29:13 EDT 2003

On Thu 2003-07-10 (02:02), Thomas Weholt wrote:
> or is Twisted ... well, complicated. I've been programming for several years
> and I don't consider myself to be dumb, allthough not a genius either ;-) --
> but Twisted is hard to understand. Perhaps you guys find the docs simple
> enough, but I just don't get a lot of the key concepts.

Well, taking on the entireity of Twisted is complicated, but getting
things up and running requires very little code.  My main stumbling
block with Twisted is the lack of example doing-something-useful
applications.

I've tried to do my part in writing things like bannergrab, stikiwiki,
and tnntprss, but I really have no idea if they're good examples of how
to write things, so I can't really punt them.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
nbm at mithrandr.moria.org