[Twisted-Python] a patch to add an option to twistd to run without signal handlers

Steve Waterbury golux at comcast.net
Thu Jul 10 02:25:05 EDT 2003

Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:22:19 -0400
> Steve Waterbury <golux at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Whereas my machine has acquired a weird malady that causes a
>>traceback when trying to run the reactor with signal
>>handlers (I've tried many things, including compiling
>>various versions of Python from source, etc. ... I'm sure
>
> Apparently this is a bug in wxPython 2.4.1.2. See the wxpython bug
> tracker. ...

Yep, that's exactly the bug.  It affects my code only in
some of the modules shared between client and server
packages, in which wx is imported ....  Hopefully
a point release of wx will come out soon to fix this,
as we want to run the reactor in our client also.

That twistd --nosig patch is mostly for situations that
shouldn't happen, I expect ... but if they do, there it is.
;^)

Steve.