[Twisted-Python] New TwistedMatrix WebSite - wainting for comments

Philippe Lafoucrière lafou at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jul 9 16:00:56 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 21:45, Jon Dyte wrote:
> Phillippe
>
> Looks like a good idea.
> what we all want to know, is are you running Zope on top of twisted for this
> site? Or is this apache/zserver etc etc?
>
> cheers
>
> Jon

This website is running on a PIII 750 (256 Mo, 10Go HD). It runs Gentoo Linux 1.4
with zope 2.6.1. There is a proxy pass on my gateway to this machine (via apache).
Plone needs zope to run. BUT, we can add some features using twisted, I have no exemple
at all for now. Maybe a forum, the log of the mailing list, a newsletter, whatever, something
original.

This site has been designed to replace twisted, but to complement (or complete, I don't know
which is the correct term) it.

I love the idea of plone because every user can add some content, and maybe start some new
twisted projects. I repeat : this site should be designed for users, not only "twisted-core"
developers.

Philippe