[Twisted-Python] Re: IMAP fixes

Tony Meyer ta-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jul 7 03:36:58 EDT 2003

> Ideally, I'd like to see this parsed into a structure resembling this:
>
>     [Header(peek=1, name=1, value=1, ['References', 'X-Ref']), UID()]

That looks fine to me.

> Parsing the current form isn't so bad.  Here's a snippet
> from the mailbox I've written:
[...]

Thanks for that.  It's nicer than what I've got at the moment, although
similar in form.

>   Would you be interested in patching the fetch methods to
> generate a structure like the one I described above?

Yes.  I'll try and get to this shortly.  Although I've done a stopgap
solution, I would rather create a patch and have a nicer solution :)

>   Lastly, I definitely recognize this as a weak point in the
> IMAP4 code, but fixing it has not yet become a priority, as I
> already have a working parser.

:)  You're ahead of me there, although I'm slowly getting closer.

=Tony Meyer