[Twisted-Python] wxPython locking the event processing?

Patrik Blommaskog pb_twisted at olga.mine.nu
Sat Jul 5 14:45:04 EDT 2003

> Anyways, check the cookbook. You can emulate the twisted mainloop in a
> wxpython mainloop.

Thanks! I like the fact that this solution keeps wx and Twisted in the same
thread, which is one of the nice features with using Twisted to start with.

The existence of tunable timing parameters triggers an alarm in my head
though. It appears to me that it would be difficult to set these to a
default value that fits all, and equally difficult to perform automatic
runtime or installation-time tuning of these. In my current project, I'm
using the Twisted scheduling for lots of other things than networking, where
the latency could possibly become a problem. I think I'll have to perform
some tests.

Thanks for the explanation of the problem.

- Patrik