[Twisted-Python] ldaptor feedback

Clark C. Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Thu Jul 3 17:52:22 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 05:28:38PM +0300, Tommi Virtanen wrote:
| > After reading the RFC, it seems that "entry" is most often used
| > to mean an object in the LDAP database.
|
| 	I'm guessing you won't be happy even after an
| 	s/LDAPObject/LDAPEntry/g operation, so I'm not
| 	doing that right now..

FYI, the python-ldap interface has an LDAPObject, but this
more or less represents a connection to the LDAP directory.
In any case, if you use LDAPObject in a different sence it
will rule out your ability to have the same API as OpenLDAP,
and thus python-ldap.    Also note that it uses 'entry' in
the RFC1823 (C API for LDAP) quite extensively.

Best,

Clark