[Twisted-Python] ANN: Twisted 1.0.2 [short version]
twisted at itamarst.org
Wed Jan 29 11:33:45 EST 2003
What's New in 1.0.2
- Serial port support.
- GPS (global positioning system), supporting NMEA 0183 and Rockwell
- GTK2 event loop.
- Improved event scheduling support.
- Many new examples, including an example of Cocoa (Mac OS X)
- Fancy Win32 installer, with Start menu integration.
- Large number of improvements to the SSH server. In addition, Twisted
now ships with a command-line ssh client (conch), with same options as
openssh client. Also included is a Tk GUI ssh client, that does not
require a terminal emulator, and a program for generating ssh keys.
- Simplified HTTP client API, for fetching URLs.
- Dict protocol implementation (RFC 2229).
- Improvements to cReactor, a networking event loop implemented in C.
- Lenient mode for microdom, which allows parsing very non-standard
HTML, and many improvements to the DOM support.
- Trial, a unit testing framework, replaces use of Python's unittest.py.
The API is almost identical to Python's.
- Google querying support.
- Shoutcast protocol support.
- Client XML-RPC support.
- Many improvements to Twisted's DNS support, both client and server.
- Bug fixes, more tests and documentation.
More information about the Twisted-Python