[Twisted-Python] deferreds, and .rpy resources

L. Daniel Burr ldanielburr at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 24 13:46:50 EST 2003

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 18:36:37 +0100, Mario Ruggier wrote:
>I suggest that one or both of these (corrected) examples be added
>to the list of examples bundled with twisted, as i would expect
>that many prospective users will not find this very obvious. If i
>knew what i was doing i would offer to do it myself...
>
>All the best, mario

You are right; Twisted has some good example code, but it needs
more examples that "do stuff", and especially examples that show
how to combine parts of Twisted (web and enterprise, for example)
to accomplish common internet development tasks.

I'll put my money where my mouth is on this one, and clean up the
example I posted (resource + deferToThread).  I'll also post an
example using twisted.enterprise (resource + adbapi).  By the
phrase "cleaned up", I mean compliant with the documentation
guidelines, development guidelines, epydoc, etc.  If the results
don't suck too badly, maybe somebody who understands CVS can
throw them in the examples directory.

L. Daniel Burr