[Twisted-Python] twisted.python.plugin

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Jan 13 20:47:30 EST 2003

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 19:26:21 -0800, "Pavel Pergamenshchik" <pp64 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> I extended t.py.p to use deferreds. The code is somewhat hideous and about
> three times as slow, but at least it's asynchronous. There's a much more
> elegant way to do it using generators. Hopefully, at some point in the
> future Python 2.2 will be the minimum supported version.

Thanks for the effort, but this code is used most frequently from "mktap",
which is a command-line program and already performs agonizingly slowly for
something that should be instant-response.

In the plugin loader we need optimization before asynchrony (especially because
you'll never be loading code from a high-latency source).

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Travelling Sorcerer  |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |