[Twisted-Python] In case anyone is bored... fun with tests!

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Mon Jan 13 09:18:01 EST 2003

There's a little bit of work to be done :)

Try running:
    python -Werror bin/trial -p twisted.test

(i.e. turn warnings into errors, thus making them register with trial...
hmm, perhaps trial should somehow hook into the warnings framework to make
it log these errors automagically?)

Under Python 2.2, I currently see:
    FAILED (failures=4, errors=22)

Python 2.3a1 adds extra fun, thanks to the "hex/oct constants > sys.maxint
will return positive values in Python 2.4 and up" warning.

Also, I discovered that if I hit ^S then ^Q during testReadLimit, then all
subsequent tests fail, apparently due to the pendingTimedCalls never getting
cleared?  I'm a bit surprised by this one, but I did manage to reproduce it,
so I guess it must be real ;)

-Andrew.