[Twisted-Python] Adding DeprecationWarnings to twisted.internet.main

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Mon Jan 13 01:43:31 EST 2003

Hi,

Is there any reason why we shouldn't add:

    warnings.warn(
        'twisted.internet.main is deprecated.  '
        'Use twisted.internet.reactor instead.',
        DeprecationWarning,
        stacklevel=2
    )

to every function in twisted.internet.main (except perhaps installReactor)?

At the very least, I think a PendingDeprecationWarning would be appropriate
(they are invisible by default).  There are still parts of Twisted that use
this old module (e.g. t.e.adbapi), and I expect this will be the case until
we have some nice big warnings jump up at us telling us to fix them :)

-Andrew.