[Twisted-Python] Serving files, again

Mario Ruggier mario at ruggier.org
Thu Feb 27 11:51:02 EST 2003

Thanks, I have played with your suggestions somewhat.
But, I want to avoid doing things such as overriding File's
render() as I had initially (File.render() does too many nice things
to throw away so easily, as pointed out in the other posts).

A source of confusion for me is knowing which,
and when, specific methods are called automatically.
Particularly, it would be nice to have a clarification (in the
API docs) of when the methods getChildForRequest() and
getChildWithDefault() are called -- they seem not be called in
a non-siteroot resource. Things worked well with PathArgs, it
being set as root resource, but for an arbitrary resource,
like the example I previoulsy included, the game seems to
change .

But, indeed, as Clark, I do find this model of cascading requests
very intriguing, and tantalizingly powerful...

Cheers, mario