[Twisted-Python] SOCKS via TCP Transport - Still in great doubt

Dmitry Litovchenko kwaker at uch.net
Sun Feb 23 21:51:48 EST 2003

Hello twisted-python,

I am still in great doubt regarding implementing SOCKS via TCP
transport. Though example in sandbox/ipv6.py is not using new
connectWith function, it declares Connector which is also used by
connectWith.

I have already this construction: Connector, Factory and proxying
Protocol which switches to another proto after SOCKS is connected and
it works but reports NOT about ALL errors, so I get more and more
hanging client satellite records with the flow of time.

These satellite records have to be deleted after connection calls back
about success or failure, but in case when error occured before
protocol is switched, I get no error/success report and lose one
satellite record every such error.

--
Best regards,
 Dmitry                          mailto:kwaker at uch.net