[Twisted-Python] session

Thomas Weholt 2002 at weholt.org
Sun Feb 16 15:56:53 EST 2003

> On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 10:31:46AM -0500, justin at iago.org wrote:
> > Christopher Armstrong <radix at twistedmatrix.com> writes:
> >
> > > you want to use .rpys
> >
> > A quick look through the documentation index doesn't show anything
> > that is obviously about .rpys.  How should the uninitiated be finding
> > out that they want to use them, if they don't even see a mention?
>
> Don't look so quickly.
>
> http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/howto/using-twistedweb
>
> There's an entire section about them there.

It's a bit unclear on where to put all the files created in the example,
where to put files to make them available in the generated *.tap-file etc.
Some lines about file organisation would be nice. More examples, more
details, step-by-step, for dummies approach, -- that's what I'm after.
Apparently I'm not the only one having trouble understanding the concepts of
rpys, resources and what not.

I'm slowly getting a grip on it, but there are still some things I must do
that I don't understand. If I get the time I'll try to document my findings
and make a more step-by-step guide for complete dummies on the matter.

Still, it seems like Twisted has enourmos potential. :-)

Thomas