[Twisted-Python] buildbot?

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Sun Feb 16 05:32:51 EST 2003

> Does buildbot use cvs up -d to check out the code?  If not, it should,
> because that would fix the problem I'm seeing above.

There was a problem with the way the buildbot was doing the update (it did
'cvs update -dP doc/howto/listings/lore', but I think cvs-1.11.1p1 on pyramid
didn't interpret that correctly and didn't create the named directory). I
changed the code to respond to any new directory by doing an update of the
whole tree, and then manually updated the "quick" builder tree.

Eventually I plan to change the CVS update step to notice a CVS failure (like
the one that happened when it tried to update listings/plugins.tml later on)
and fix it by just checking out a brand new tree.

Thanks for the catch.. let me know if you see any other problems.

 -Brian

PS: I announced the buildbot's presence to the IRC channel, but not to this
list. Consider it announced :). http://twistedmatrix.com/~warner.twistd/ is
an instance of my BuildBot project running against the Twisted source tree.
It does full compile/test/process-docs cycles with both python-2.1 and -2.2
whenever the tree has been stable for more than 5 minutes, and tries to build
.debs if both the -2.1 and -2.2 test suites passed. More details will be
available through links on that page (as I start adding on-line
documentation) or at the PyCon presentation.