[Twisted-Python] Re: In Defense of Taps

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Feb 14 07:55:41 EST 2003

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 06:42:41AM -0600, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

> How about extending usage.Options to recognize the '--' option the
> same way xinit does, and consider the mktap script the
> "pass-through" for twistd, e.g.:
>
>   twistd -l nohttp.log -n -f -- web -l http.log --https 443 --path ~/my-path
>
> Hmm.  That actually looks ugly to me, but something like that.

No need! We have sub-commands in usage.Options. We can do it exactly
like mktap does it. Well, there are two possibilities:

  twistd <twistd-args> <tap-type-subcommand> ...

or

  twistd <twistd-args> tap <tap-type-subcommand> ...

Either of these would be pretty simple to implement, IIUC.

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/